View Single Post

I own a 930 instead of a vette because I think its cooler. I am however objective and realistic about performance. Again some facts:

Corvette ZR1 is faster than any production porsche ever with the possible exception of the carrera GT (and thats debatable). By fast I mean a road course not a drag strip..

Super Stock Autocross, is dominated by porsche gt3s, corvette Zo6, and lotus elise's. With all of them being fairly competitive against each other. These are basically stock crs in the most handling intensive test of performance there is.

Z06 optioned vette, is 65k 500hp, has massive brakes, is made largely from aluminum and carbon fiber, has titanium connecting rods, dry sump, and weighs about the same as a regular 911. It is faster in a strait line than 95% of the modded 930 on this board and faster than 99% of them on any kind of road course. Stock for stock it is an order of magnitude faster in any concievable way. I would have a better chance of beating mike Phelps in a swimming race than the 930 would have against a zo6.

Quality is hard to quantify but cost of owning and tracking a vette is less than a comparable porsche.

Stock for stock an 930 is faster and the better car than a vette of similar vintage.

Come on guys, dont make it hard to defend porsche owners on other car boards. Blind marque snobbery is bad stuff...
Old 10-30-2008, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)