View Single Post

No - don't have pics of the engine, but saw it when raised. Everything is either polished or painted bright red. My mechanic was blown away. Told me that its the hottest CIS 930 he has seen in 24 years of owning a porsche shop. Said the Yoko's are fine and suspension is perfect. Suggested I keep the boost at 8 if I don't want to wrap myself around a pole. We contacted previous mechanic for 12 years. Nice sharp group of guys. Motor is most definitely bullet proof. I have a silly amount of receipts in engine work that add up to what I honestly believe more than the car is worth. At least much more than what I paid for it. Previous owners have been fanatics and it looks as if they wiped the bottom of this car often - way too clean. I guess I have allot to learn. As for power. As mentioned previously its a bit scary. I have no intent of playing around at 1.2 . I take the car seriously. At .8 when I am hitting hard and drop it into third the rear end slides out to the left about 35 degrees. Fast like- its just out their dancing. This car will not stay on a straight line when pushed. It sure has heck does not handle like my previous turbo (968). The 968 turbo will stay on track as long as the front wheels are pointed in the right direction. This 930 needs allot of feedback. This is not the 'toy' I expected. This one could be the end of me. Dallas or Houston should have a good 911 school. I will attend as soon as I find one. Thanks for the feed back guys - WHen I get it our of the shop I will take pics of engine and post. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by ECWAG; 10-31-2008 at 10:38 AM..
Old 10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)