View Single Post
canna change law physics

Garage
I expect that when these guys are talking about vibration dampening vs sound, they are more looking at the frequencies than really trying to distinguish between the two.

At 6000 rpm, the crank "hum" will be about 100 hz. You would feel this more than hear it. And there are other noises of different frequencies to deal with as well.

I am seriously looking at the 1 inch "Speghetti" mat to place under the engine lid to reduce the carb noise. It should still allow breathing and ventillation of the compartment.

The McMaster Carr prices look much better than the b-quiet place. And I think I like the idea of a beige paint in the wheel wells and underneath the car instead of light blue...The Asphalt sound deadening material they sell is about a buck a square foot.

I was thinking about 50 sq feet...Floor panels, under the seats and behind the back pad and maybe the engine side of the firewall and the door panels. Then using the sound deadening paint in the wheel wells, front and rear trunks and under the hoods and in the engine bay. And a mat under the engine compartment lid. I expect about 50-60 lbs extra weight. But I think the six can handle it.

James
Old 04-09-2002, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)