View Single Post

Jim,
Mine is stock - fuel head - as far as I can tell - The slits are parallel. What else would I find if it had been modified.
My WUR is stock.
Just back from trying it again. Put restrictor in the fuelhead/WUR line - very small orifice.
Still the airplate & CPs bounce around like crazy, intermittently. Swapped fuel head pistons (mine vs original), no difference.
If I get cruise AFR at 14.5, my boost AFR goes to 9 - and that is with a double strength boost spring. I can reduce this dump by winding the CP up, but then my cruise AFR is 16 and the car has a dead spot on acceleration, until boost comes in.
Weird, because I had it working OK once - 11.5 boost, 12.2 top end. But I can't get near it now. It had a dizzy problem then, and I kept fiddling with WUR to try and improve it (not knowing dizzy was faulty).
It actually runs closer to spec with the boost port disconnected.
Goran - not sure what glueing nut to airplate would do - other than change the air/fuel response - plate would open quicker?
Nut would fall into intake system?
Alan
Old 10-31-2008, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)