View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Hi Shannon,
The heater control box between the seats on the floor, has a motor in it connected to a rod that goes back to two flapper boxes mounted to the Exhaust system heat exchangers under the car. The rod pulls cables connected to the flappers that open and close the flapper feeds into the car/cabin heat system.

On the passenger side of the control box is a door that Pops off. You can look in there and watch the rod move as you change the numbers on the controller.

1) Make sure the rod moves to and fro as you change the numbers. This box is EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE by the way.
2) Make sure the flappers close all the way on the Heat Exchangers under the car.
3) I believe there are springs for return on the flappers, make sure they are still there and helping close the flapper boxes.

You should not have heat in the car with everything off up front. I bought hat contril box before and paid $1000 for it. If I do it again, I will convert it to mechanical. Hope this helps.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 11-02-2008, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)