View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfix View Post
Visual inspection of the heat flaps is the way to go IMHO. If the flaps are working properly with the heat controller servo motor then you might also want to check the air temp sensor. This is what was causing my heat problem of too much heat on the low settings. Note the round disc between the steering column housing and the ventilation controls in the pic below. This is the air intake for a small fan that draws cabin air across a thermister. I took mine out to test its function and discovered that the thermister was so covered in dust from years of use that it was not able to read the air temp properly. All I did was clean it with alcohol and my heat system was working!
Interesting. I have a sensor up by the rearview mirror that sticks out like a nipple.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 11-03-2008, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)