Thread: Nonstarting 930
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Phil,
I can't remember if you mentioned this or not, but did you test the over-boost switch? This switch controls the fuel pumps in the case of an over boost condition.
Do you mean disconnect the green plug going into the CIS distributor? If thats what you mean then yes, and i could definitely hear the front pump turn on as soon as i disconnected it.

As for yellow relay (overboost?) i removed the cover, everything look good. I resoldered the main circuits as well as pry the fingers of the contacts apart to ensure continuity.

I pulled one plug to check for spark and i was getting spark, but still no start. I have nearly all of the bits removed from the top of the engine so that i can change all the plugs and wires, and adjust the valves while i'm in there.

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge so i have not checked pressure yet. I may eventually get one but the intermittent nature of the problem and the pungent fuel odor leads me to believe something else is up.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)