Thread: Is this weird?
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrmike View Post
Ben,
Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly thought you were stating the scavenged oil stayed in the case until the thermostat opened, based on your initial post.

I also agree that oil seeps past the pump, when not running. Definately not myth...

That's interesting on the hydro-lock issue, I've never seen a 911 do it but can see where it's possible. I wouldn't be surprised on an aircraft engine, I've heard they have much looser tolerances when cold. Is this correct? I would love to work on aircraft but have always had a fear of killing a whole bunch of people. I have much respect for those with the skills and mindset to do so. Keep those Predators in the sky!! Our buddy Reaper probably depends on them daily!!

Doug, I'm glad your entertained and educated, I gotta have my Comedy Central!! I just can't get enough of Stephen Colbert, he has no fear...

Are we all done here?

Yeah we are done

Oh the predator thing was my former life so don't have anything to do with them any more its been 8 +years anyhow my experince with a 911 hydro locking was my buddies low milage(40K) carrera sat for 9 months not running as it was getting painted. When we went to start it nothing the cylinders were full of oil. it was great when we finally got it up and running tons and tons of smoke. Fun times

Current project 73 914-6 Gt project rusteration 2.4
Reproduction 914-6 oil tanks, 1-5/8" 914-6 heat exchangers source call 2623647426 or email mbconsulting21 @gmail.com
Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)