View Single Post
Porschaholic

Garage
Easy one for the group-tach/speedo tilt

Okay.. look this is a little embracing.

I got pulled over the other day by the CHP... aside from license, registration, and proof of insurance... the kind officer asked me if I knew how fast is was driving... I replied yes 5000 rpm's; but, I was only in 1st gear (performing maintenance) as per my porsche manual (for drives under 30 minutes to open up the waste gate) I also referred to my manual which recommends 5500 rpm's... "see I was actually under the recommended rpm's..." well this did not start out on the right foot (I think he thought I was a being a smart a$$) then he asked the color of my car... I lied and said "gun metal gray"... he loved it (it's actually metor gray) anyway he ran my ID etc... and asked if I've even been to "cars and coffee in Irvine" yeap I replied, I go about every other weekend... then the guy starts wackin about his vintage 359... long story shory.. .he tells me that the momo steerling wheel typically blocks ones vision to the speedo and that I should consider tilting it about 180 degrees to the left (put 40 mph on the bottom, in his exact words...) he gave me back my paperwork and told me to pull my belt tight... wholly crap!!! I was freakin amaized...

Okay so I know I'm not the only guy in here that needs to do this, and I'm certain there's some easy ass way to do this... so come on guys help me out. That was too close... How do I turn my speedo... and please keep in mind I'm a complete tard... Thanks boyz...

1986 930 Meteor Grey
Yes it's fast... and no you can't drive it!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)