View Single Post

I have my bottom plug out permanently at moment, and gauge hooked into line permanently.
I have noticed it tends to bounce more as fuel pressure hardens with warming.
I don't think it is a weak spring issue - as it sets the pressure. As long as it provides enough force to provide the pressure, it is doing its job, I think. I think it is just that as the pressure gets higher, the oscillations are more violent/forceful, against the higher pressure. And perhaps harder to control. Wish I knew what caused it. Liquids are incompressible, so it is hard to figure how this happens, unless there is air in the line (but I have yet to see a prescribed method to bleed these systems after re assembly), or perhapsleakage past the top of the fuel piston, causing erratic WUR pressures, whichin turn sets the airpalte going, which in turn sets the WUR going, and round and round.
Last time I fired mine up, couple of days ago, it came up 20 psi short of where it was last time when warm.
I really believe I need to get a digi WUR, to isolate this problem. I don't believe my WUR is performing correctly, in spite of going thru everything on it.
But I'm a bit stuck I think, til I can get a digi WUR.
Have e mailed Turbokraft again, to check we are still in line for one, but no reply.
Very frustrating.
Alan
Old 11-09-2008, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)