View Single Post

Best bang for the buck, low restriciton muffler on the stock HE's with a K27-7200. Set and test boost to make sure you get at least .8 bar and not more than .9 bar.

I am not a big beliver in B&B's. I think they cheat the boost circut to get more boost. I do like SSI or 993's as a base. The stock system is a good system, it is the muffler and cat that is the issue.

There is a mod that can be made to the Warm Up Regulator that makes it react faster. A stock WUR triggers around .5 bar. Untill then there is a lot of resistance at the metering plate. With the mod, it triggers as soon as vac goes away or at a much lower boost. This helps get the metering plat to move faster for better throttle response. If you can not find anything on this research the Rice Fueler. Or substitube a 76/7 WUR as that is how they worked.

Get some good advice on an ignition strategy. Get in on a dyno and set you A/F's.

This makes for a very nice running car that works well on the street.

After this it gets expensive.

Note that a more efficient inter-cooler is good for another 20-30hp with no other change. This is what Porsche did with the C2 Turbo.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)