Thread: Craigslist 930
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
And by the same token you should let this car go and move on.

I would wait until we have a slow retail christmas and then start looking at cars again, personally. You are going to find some deals.
Yea I'm definitely not pressed. I've come to the understanding that some 930 owners think that because it's a "vintage" turbo Porsche that they can name their own price.

The guy is selling it for his boss. I asked the guy how badly was it blown. Was it just one cylinder/head, was the crank or case damaged and I got no answer on that question. So for all I know the engine could be COMPLETELY trashed instead of just "trashed" lol. I don't mind doing the work because I plan on doing a monster rebuild anyway. If the price is right I can take almost anything but his price is just way out there.

edit:

I raised my offer to 14k just to see what would happen.. here is the response i got.

"Yeah I’ll let you know, but I doubt it. There are a couple offers that already higher than what you have offered. With all of the upgrades, this car is worth a lot more than 14k, and people that know the car understand that. There is actually a guy from Europe that is looking at the car and would have it shipped over to him. Thanks for the interest "

I laughed a little bit when I read that. Apparently you guys don't "know" Porsche's

Last edited by osiris2600; 11-10-2008 at 09:01 AM..
Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)