View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechiller View Post
Plan is to use original rods, they should be strong enough as i have been informed. Goal is only 550hp, it will not be need for more power (for now) since the car weight is only around 1100kg. It should be possible to get more than 740 hp from this setup if the turbocharger is replaced to a larger one.

I was told that someone that did a similar conversion as me, made a extra crankcase ventilation hose from where the distributor used to be, the guy who told me was not sure that there should be any advantage in making more ventilation.

I doubt you need more ventilation. I've been told some of the crankcase gases are pulled out by the scavenge pump, either through aerated oil or simply the scavenge pump outrunning the feed pump at higher RPM, just a though...

I don't know what type of crank trigger you need for the Haltech, but here is a guy in the states who is very friendly and competent and makes many various sensor and trigger wheels for Electromotive EFI, but he can do custom work as well...

http://www.clewett.com/

Good luck
Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)