View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
I would rather go a little bit slower in a well engineered Porsche.
Uh, Cracked cylinders, leaky rear main seals, pulled head studs, etc remind you of anyone? Factory rebuilt motors in new cars? Easily stolen headlights? Most profitable and best car company are not the same. Porsche has its fair share of problems. The 930 had plenty. My pot aren't we awful black today......

The current Vette is a good example of what America could do with less accounting and more engineering. The car is light, fast and cheap. The current C6R engine weighs less than the GT3 6 cylinder and has a lower CG. It holds plenty of endurance records in modern endurance racing. What does Porsche do? They sand bag in the back beating up on the short bus kids in the GT3 class. If they want to be bad ass and prove it come play in GT1 with the rest of the super car manufactures.

As to the Roof problem on the Vettes, as much as I love picking on dad about the roof flying off his Z06. It only happened on a few of those early models. Apparently the epoxy wasn't cured right. GM offered a warranty fix free to the owners of the affected cars.

Porsche makes nice cars. I will take my 914s over any 911, but I like the feeling of a truely planted car instead of a car that bounces through the turns with the 600# engine wagging the tail around the turns. The old Porsches that we all love are not the new cars being made today. Build quality is higher on many newer cars. Fit and Finish has much improved, but you can still look at a good Beetle, 911, 914, 356, etc from back in the day and see the quality of body design, fit and finish (as long as DAPO haven't gotten hold of the cars). I like older Porsches and updating them to some modern amenities makes them a perfect car in my opinions. But for the Average joe. Modern cars are light years ahead of the older cars in all categories, except soul.

Last edited by turboteener; 11-10-2008 at 11:37 AM..
Old 11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)