View Single Post
Infidel

Not at all, i was just saying that it would make sense to do everything to the bottom end while it's apart, even if it's over kill for your initial needs. If you're anything like me you'll almost certainly want more power later down the line, if you've done the major internal stuff right from the start then you know the engine is ready for whatever you may throw at it in the future.
Like you said though it all depends on budget, the OP mentioned a 700+bhp engine on a similar set up, that wouldn't last long on stock rods and i bet you a pound to a penny he'll be dreaming about that power level once he's had a few months with 550bhp. I wouldn't trust stock rods at 550bhp either but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrmike View Post
I agree w/ you JBL, I hope you didn't interpret my post as a contradiction to yours, I simply meant I wouldn't bother creating another vent through the dizzy hole...

Shuffle pins, stronger rods, bigger oil pump, always a good idea if the budget allows for it...

I've been told by Ollies, boattailing the mains and "mooning" the cylinder bottoms is only good for about 7-10hp, not surewhat other benefits it may have unless it cuts down on oil aerating, ultimately increasing the efficiency of the front oil coolers...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)