View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
The only reason i mentioned porting out the crankcase/windage or whatever you call it, plus using stronger rods and shuffle pinning is that while you have it torn down you may as well build a totally bomb proof bottom end, then you can go higher up the power ladder in the future without having to totally tear it apart again. That is what i would do if i had my engine totally split, i'd have a high performance oil pump in there too, GT3 or something like that, and definitely fit stronger rods.

Thought i'd add some pics from Micke Svens site showing some shots of porting out the case
Thank folks for the feedback.

Please i do not understand what is the advantage to port the block? When you port it, you do it only on one side? is there any recommendations where and how much to port?

I have spent so much money on this engine and car so it would be wrong to just go half the way in the bottom end, i have to check the cost first, please:

- What rods are recommended, where to buy?
- Shuffle pinning i don't understand what you mean, replace all the studs and bolts that keep the crankcase together, where to buy?
- where do i buy the GT3 oil pump?

RSRmike, thanks for the tip I will checkout clewett.com
Thanks

Kjell
Old 11-10-2008, 10:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)