View Single Post
Doug Siegel

EFI air filter placement

Thanks to those of you who helped me with the "manual heat" thread.

Here's the continuation....

I reconnected the the driver's side heat hose to the H/E which eliminates the space for the air filter hose.

I would love to attach a filter directly to the turbo but am aware of the problems that rain may cause. There is a product made to cover air filters to prevent water. They don't claim "water proof" just water resistant.

http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.com/catalog/?Ntt=land+rover+range+rover+injen+air+filter+wrap+ x1034blk

So far, my other option is to plumb the air filter into the driver's side wheel well. There is lots of space back there. A shield can be fabricated to block water and dirt. Yet, getting the 4" diameter hose up there is messy.

Any thoughts??
88' blk/blk 930: Haltech EFI, Twin Plug, Pauter Rods, Nascar Bearings, custom crank work, dowel pinned case, ported manifold and heads, Kokeln I/C, SC Cams, Turbonetics ball bearing 62-1, BB headers, RARLYL8 Zork, additional 993 oil filter, plx/inyourface gage, RS style coilover, Fikse FM10-17 wheels, TIAL 46mm 1 bar. (where the heck did all my money go?)
Old 11-11-2008, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)