View Single Post
Doug Siegel

Thanks guys.

KN suggested not attaching the air filter directly to the turbo due to heat. They said that eventually the rubber will melt and find its way into the turbo. They sell what's called a dry sock that protects the filter from water and dirt. Maybe it works...who knows?

I cut a 6" piece of 4"diameter hose that now sits between the turbo and the air filter. The dry sock goes on tomorrow. But, soon I'll have to do what our genius friend Don did. Awesome!

Don, is that 3" tubing? I assume the cold side of the turbo is 4" for which you used a reducer....?
88' blk/blk 930: Haltech EFI, Twin Plug, Pauter Rods, Nascar Bearings, custom crank work, dowel pinned case, ported manifold and heads, Kokeln I/C, SC Cams, Turbonetics ball bearing 62-1, BB headers, RARLYL8 Zork, additional 993 oil filter, plx/inyourface gage, RS style coilover, Fikse FM10-17 wheels, TIAL 46mm 1 bar. (where the heck did all my money go?)
Old 11-11-2008, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)