View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney265 View Post
When I bought this car, the previous owner[s] stated that I had a 915 ring and pinion... Don't know exactly what that meant, but my guess is it had something to do with the final gear ratio????

I'm just checking to make sure I have the same gearing as the stock 930 with 4-speed. I'm running 3,050 rpm at 70 mph. By my calculation, the theoretical top speed [at 6k rpm] would be less than 140 mph.

What say you?

Also, I make about .2 bar boost cruising at 70 mph. Is this normal?
I have a 8:41 R&P w/17" 25.7"OD Tires, turning about 3100RPM at 70MPH. Are you reading boost from the factory boost gauge or another type?

My mods are similar to yours w/B&B exhaust system, K27-7006 turbo, SC cams, Kokeln IC, twin plug crank-fire. I do see .2 bar at 70MPH when cruising and going up very slight incline, but on flat level surface, 0 bar. With this gearing, exhaust setup, spool-up is very fast, feeling initially like a normally aspirated 993. Once the turbo hits it's sweet spot, lord, hang on!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)