View Single Post

LOL Dave, I agree, the sump lines may not fit so well, but depending on what he's using, could be a non-issue, or easier to fix than adding the spacer... I don't think the tin should interfere, but it might.

Dave, is there a recess in the end of your cam to help support the spacer? or does it bolt flat against the original cam face. Seems like I remember there being one, but I could be thinking of the cams I used from webcam. Been too many years since I changed cams in a turbo I must confess.

If you already have a proper spacer, I agree it's probably easier to keep the smog drive housing, I'm just specifically refering to Bill since he's already been through so much crap trying to get SC cams in his motor, I'm trying to look for the easiest approach...

For instance, I feel confident I could drill and tap the cam, and even machine a spacer to the proper O.D. if I borrowed a lathe, however, getting it bolted squarely on the cam?? nah, wouldn't be so sure. Now, if the OD of the spacer was much larger and I could drill 8mm or possible even 10mm holes so I had some room for error, maybe. But if you look at your spacer in the pic, the bolt spacing is very close to the O.D. leaving very little room for mikey-tolerance
Old 11-14-2008, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)