View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrmike View Post
Dave, is there a recess in the end of your cam to help support the spacer? or does it bolt flat against the original cam face. Seems like I remember there being one, but I could be thinking of the cams I used from webcam. Been too many years since I changed cams in a turbo I must confess........................

For instance, I feel confident I could drill and tap the cam, and even machine a spacer to the proper O.D. if I borrowed a lathe, however, getting it bolted squarely on the cam?? nah, wouldn't be so sure. Now, if the OD of the spacer was much larger and I could drill 8mm or possible even 10mm holes so I had some room for error, maybe. But if you look at your spacer in the pic, the bolt spacing is very close to the O.D. leaving very little room for mikey-tolerance
Thank god, I keep records! Here is an archive photo of the driver's side camshaft end. I agree very little room.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)