Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilodawg View Post
Hi guys,

While I own an original '88 M505 car I can tell you that does not make me an expert on pre-M505 flachbau's. However, I can tell you what is correct for an M505 car. It gets fuzzy on the earlier cars because I have been told that there was a lot of unique customization. You can just look at the variety of center consoles on legit early cars and see differences.

However, I have been led to believe and will take this as gospel until someone proves it wrong that all factory cars had the jack extensions welded to the boxed rockers so that the factory jack points could still be used.

When you look at Rose's car from Ireland you can see the jack plug as well as a bumper that looks much more like a 935 and something that the factory might produce.

So no plug in the rocker and it's not factory.....At least that's the first discriminator for me....
I agree with kilodawg that this slant appears to be a kit add-on. Not that's a bad thing, necessarily. The other thing is the gravel shields on the rear flares. Factory never did that. The black rubber molding on the front valance does not make it look factory either.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-15-2008, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)