Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Garage
Thanks "onboost" I really need to take some better pictures because it looks better in person than these. Too washed out I guess.

I also just happened to get this week a June of '88 issue of Excellence where Bruce Anderson does a pretty good job discussing the origin of the slant nose cars as well as the range of conversion kits out there and just a bit on the factort process. It does show some pictures of the fenders in bare metal and they definitely look stamped to my untrained eye. However, they also show an early shot of a 930 rear flare being welded on. Pretty obvious difference.

I was wondering if anyone thought that there might be some interest in starting a registry on slant nose cars. Both factory and not just so we could get a better handle on what's out there and the history of things. I contacted PCA national and they weren't too interested but if I could show that there was a general desire from owners it's possible they would reconsider. The 930S site has been down for a while so I believe that resource as mediocre as it was in no longer available anymore either.
'73 911T Coupe (current)
'88 930S M505 (current)
Old 11-16-2008, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)