Thread: mixture control
View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipdoc View Post
Anyone know where the air mixture screw and what size Allen is needed for my 1979 Porsche 930? It's running alittle lean. Thanks, Alan
If you are running a little lean, then one click clockwise (right to richen, left to lean) should do it. You can do it while you're running at idle....just do not press down too hard. Very slight pressure down while you're rotating the allen to get it to slip into the socket.
Has this car been running lean since you had the car? Have you made any changes to the engine? Generally, this is a set once, forget about it adjustment. Header, cams, turbo changes, for instance, require adjustments. I always recommend checking hot and cold control pressures before touching that allen.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 11-17-2008 at 06:18 AM..
Old 11-17-2008, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)