Thread: Oil problems
View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahow lam View Post

Oil is @ the lowest mark of the dip stick @ operating temp.
Oil pressure is in between 1 and 2 bar @ idle 950rpm, 4 bar @ cruising.
Turbo seems boosting correctly.
The oil got sucked into the air filter housing has some yellow substance mixed in with the oil and the oil filler cap is cover with yellow paste substance also.

Thanks, Yahow
Yahow,
That yellow substance you're seeing is mixture of oil, water and air. Whenever you see that substance, it's a clear indicator that the engine is not getting up to temperature. Generally, you see this symptom in cars that are used only on short drives. Your oil problem may be due to high crankcase pressures from combustion gases escaping around piston rings or cracked piston(s). But....
It also may be due to that "yellow" substance in the engine breather system. This would cause higher than normal oil tank pressures pushing the oil up through the oil separator tank. I would suggest you get the engine up to full operating temperature for a while and then have the oil changed immediately.

Also, if you oil temp gauge never gets to the first small hash mark above the rest point, you are not at normal operating parameters. I would also suggest you change motor oil manufacturer. Go to Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50 and you will never see sludge buildup. I'm sure there other good choices out there, but judging from your driving habits, this is a safe bet.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-17-2008, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)