View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmb View Post
how could a simple lever arm suck in one case and be better in another? I don't care about cosmetics or bling, or weight even. Just functionality (and ease of install, I guess) Or is it a reliability factor?
The welmeister bars are harder to install, harder to adjust, use standard hardware versus metric(which makes it awkward) the zinc plating doesn't last long, they start to rust, the hardware breaks off very easily, and it's welded in place, they don't have the clever mounting system that attaches to the control arms like the smart bars, they don't come with an alignment jig for drilling the holes in the body in precisely the right place, there is more "slop" in the bearing mounts, hmm let me think, I may have more...

The Smart Racing bars are worth the money... You can always ebay the crapmeister bar... I'm typically not so fanatical , but after dealing w/ one versus the other, you will understand... trust me

Last edited by rsrmike; 11-19-2008 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: "smart racing bar" are worth the money
Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)