Thread: mixture control
View Single Post
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipdoc View Post
I guess I would need to remove my exhaust system to weld in bung to fit these sensors. What other types of sensors are needed for the Zeitronix? Also is it worth putting a EGT sensor for another 930 engine I'm putting together that has a Electromotive Tech 2 system or is it worth using Zeitronix with the Tec 2? Alan
You will have to remove either the exhaust header that bolts to the turbo or remove the turbo, add the O2 sensor bung to the in-place header. Keep in mind, you need to remove any cutting chips and/or weld spatter from the header so it won't eat the turbine blades. As to the O2 sensor, cut/weld the bung with exhaust in place. Any junk left in the exhaust pipe will do no harm. This said, I would not recommend cutting and welding the bungs into the exhaust system while any of it is in place. A lot safer if one removes the exhaust and adds the sensor bungs.
I know nothing about the Electromotive Tec 2 system. If it has data logging software, you shouldn't need both the Tec 2 and the Zeitronix. For the Tec 2 to operate I presume it utilizes various sensors that would replicate sensors used on a data logger from Zeitronix or Innovate. Perhaps someone who knows what they're doing can weigh in here.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)