View Single Post
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl8ton View Post
All the stuff in the pic (minus the cable) is still on the tran.
So the lever held on by the cir-clip (including the Omega spring) needs to come off?

Rod,

I just dropped my motor for the first time last month and it was a breeze.

I disconnected the clutch cable and used a c-clamp on the helper spring, which prevents loosing any digits.

Next, I removed the circlip from the transmission shaft and removed the two arms from the shaft. After removing the four fasteners between the transmission and engine, give the clutch shaft a turn in order to disconnect the fork from the throwout bearing. You can look through one of the openings in the bell housing to verify that the fork has moved off of the throwout bearing. Last step is simple, pull on the tranny and you're done.

Regards, Dave

1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)