View Single Post

JFair has good advice. Let me add to it:

I also remember reading in the intructions that the innovate products should not be hooked directly to switched power. The reason being, is if you leave the ignition on w/ engine off for any length of time, the O2 sensor heater will be powered up. I forget all the possible faults w/ this. Something about leaving the key on for a while, getting the sensor hot, then cranking the car and exposing the o2 sensor to exhaust condensation from cold start can ruin the sensor heater instantly. (think hot glass & cold water=destruction)

If I recal, on the later cars, the AAV and WUR do not power up until the fuel pumps are running, as J said. If your blue connector is still plugged in on the Air flow sensor plate housing then your pumps shouldn't be running w/ key on until you crank the engine.

It's probably best to use a standard 4 or 5 pin relay. Connect terminal 30 to the fuse box mentioned above, connect 87 (NOT 87A!) to the power supply to LC1, connect ground to 85. And tie into the wire for the AAV/WUR at the 14 pin plug for 86 (note: you can reverse 85/86) polarity doesn't matter)

You can get the relay w/ socket at most any generic auto parts store.

I'm sure someone can chime in on which wire to tap into. You can do it right at the 14 pin plug, and considering it's only tripping the relay, it will not have any significant current drain to the system as well as the LC1 will be isolated from noise, etc. by the relay...

Hope it helps

Last edited by rsrmike; 11-20-2008 at 11:55 AM..
Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)