View Single Post

I was referring to a standard square "bosch" relay w/ mounting tab, like you typically find in universal applications for $5-10

I was trying to give you an easy way to power the LC1 w/ only the fuel pumps running w/o overloading any other circuits or getting into "noise" issues.

You could mount the relay to the vertical portion of the board w/ small sheet metal screw between your CD unit and the other two silver relays.

Run a wire from the big starter terminal (battery cable) through the bottom fuse in 3 position block, then connect to "30" on relay.

Connect 86 on relay to the WUR/AAV power wire at 14 pin plug on fuse/relay board, preferably soldered to the pin or wire under the cover for 14 pin connector which pops off.

Ground 85

Connect 87 to LC1 power input and you suddenly have a safe, isolated, fused, power supply that assures your O2 sensor heater will only power up w/ engine running. Provided your air flow sensor plate contact(blue plug) is plugged in.

You can either buy the relay w/ harness or just use standard female spade connectors found on the shelf at the same friendly local auto parts store that sells the relay by itself.

Then you can simply run the audio cable into the cabin for the gauge.

That is how I would do it, but that's just me. And I came to the party a litte late so sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Have fun, good luck
Old 11-20-2008, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)