View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
I must have this wrong - why are you scavenging the timing case? There is oodles of drain back to the crankcase from there - on RHS. What is happening to your turbo oil flow if you are scavenging this bit?
Your other symptom is truely weird - but I suspect not related to the effect you are linking it too.
Basically it sounds like your car is starving for fuel - except for short period on warm startup.
I would suggest monitoring the fuel pressures (ex WUR), and check injectors are flowing OK. You could just have two crappy injectors.
Regards
Alan
Alan, he is not scavenging the timing case... trust me, the suction side of the engine driven oil pump sucks WAY more than the small turbo scavenge pump could ever do. Second, the AN fitting that is welded to the chain cover is below the bottom of the turbo where the drip tank bolts up. So, if the turbo scavenge pump is not working to its fullest potential, the excess oil will drain into the SS line and into the chain cover before it creates a back up and gets pushed out his turbo seals. This has worked on countless other turbos... it is a very cheap way (under 100 bucks) to fix the problem, instead of buying a used scavenge pump ( and risk that it too, is also warn), or spend upwards of a grand to buy a new one, or between 500 to 1000 bucks for an aftermarket bolt on pump ( not the kind that you bolt to the firewall, but a custom pump that runs off the cam, just like the factory one).
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 11-23-2008, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)