View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Bryan,
The way you describe that condition where the engine will run fine for a few minutes after a restart, reminds me of something. When I have done something like that with mine, the engine will fast idle for 1 to 2 minutes before it settles at the correct idle. I think your engine runs fine during that period, after restart, is because the CIS is in enrichment mode.
It sure sounds like an air leak somewhere. I would focus on the areas where you worked last when you replaced the injectors. Those areas would be the O-rings on both ends of the IC, hoses for the BOV, distributor vacuum line, and last but not least the phenolic spacers.

One way to check the phenolic spacers is to spray butane around the blocks, one at a time, while the engine is running. The engine speed should increase when the leaky spacer is sprayed. Just be very careful with getting too crazy with the butane.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-23-2008, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)