View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Responses

Alan L,

I like your idea. When I think back I remember that at one point I noticed that my phenolic spacers were almost hand tight... not the recommended 18 ft/lbs of torque. I'm guessing that these are old, shrunk and causing me problems. I wonder how difficult it will be to remove the Intake (CIS and all) while the motor is still in the car? Would I have to lower the back 1/2 of the motor to clear the firewall when I lift off the studs?

WERK-I,

I understand you're theory, but my car stumbles under load even after I have driven the car for 2 hrs if cold out. If I stop then start back up after 10 minutes, problem solved. I'm guessing phenolic blocks. I would be scared to use the butane on a hot motor. I'm sure it's somewhat safe, but it just scares me. Based on my above comments I think we may have the problem.

jwasbury,

Based on my previous threads about the car sitting and running fine this could not be the issue. For the record my timing has been checked about 3 times in the last 4 months. I do appreciate the input as you had no idea what I have done with the car other than my descriptions of the problem.

To Everyone,

Can I remove the CIS/Intake with the motor in? Do I have to sag the motor to make this happen? I have A/C, Air-pump, aftermarket IC (makes it easier) and many vacuum lines.

Thanks for all your input. We will get this figured out so when the next person has this problem he/she will have one more story to look at and decide if my symptoms matches theirs.

Bryan
Old 11-23-2008, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)