View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Updates

I have since my last post removed everything that holds the intake/cis down. Including air-pump, vacuum lines, throttle linkage, fuel lines to the accumulator and supply line from pump, spark plug wires for cylinders 4,5 & 6, IC, air-box, breather from engine to oil separator, all electrical connections to WUR, AAR, Throttle body, CIS, etc., and last but not least the A/C unit (slid toward the rear for access to intake bolts on cylinder #4.

I went to lift it off the motor and the fuel distributor is hitting the top of the fire wall... exactly what I thought would happen. I'm guessing that i will have to lower the rear of the motor but just making sure there are not any tricks. I could possibly push back the noise/heat shield which had previously been replaced. Looks to be in pretty good working order, maybe I can peel back enough for that extra 1/4 - 1/2 inch of room I need to clear the studs on clylinder #3.

Any suggestions?

PS. And for those of you wondering what I will replace them with, I went with the Turbo Kraft aluminum spacers with shorter phenolic block spacers which sit below them to help dissipate the heat.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)