View Single Post
Registered

My car does not have any engine sound proofing.
And the fuel head comes off fine. Have done so several times. Have you let off the fuel lines from the banjos on the head? You need to remove the 3 &6 banjos (or I do) to get the WUR fitting undone.
Then crack off the unions on the other 4.
I don't think you need to remove the intake flapper box to do the plenum/intake manifold - but you probably have a reason.
What state were the phenolic spacers in?
A trick for young players - when you fit it back up. The gaskets do top and bottom of the spacers. The bottom is simple - the cut out for the injector tells you how to fit them. The topside not so simple.
Flip your manifold over and lay the gasket on it. It fits either way. But one way seals very marginally on the manifold. I just threw them on any which way on the spacers topside. And found to my surprise when I pressure tested my new spacers/gaskets/O rings etc, I still had a hell of a leak. One of the 'flipped' gaskets just missed sealing on the machined face of the manifold - by about 0.5 mm. You can't see tis when you assemble, because the manifold is face down.
Pay attention to this.
Alan
Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)