View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Well, there all off.

I ended up removing the cis air-box/distributor with the fuel lines still in place as one unit. I then pulled off the intake and the phenolic spacers next. I had new injectors installed. What is a good way to tell if they are working correctly? Can I spray some starter fluid down them to check how the spread of the stream looks?

Also, my blocks looks ok, but they looked like they were leaking from the bottom seal at least at cylinders #2 & 3. Also, my intake valves have black residue (carbon I'm guessing) all over the tops. Some are worse than others. The car has 97k on the clock, but the leak-down (about 7-8 months ago, 1,000 miles) came back with all low numbers. I am thinking I should button everything back up and see how the beast runs. I can always drop the motor and take this stuff back off for a top-end if needed.

Thoughts on the pics below? The last pic shows #6 and the intake valve with carbon build up.

Bryan

Cylinders #1-3

Cylinders #4-6

Cylinder #6, this is the only photo that shows the intake valve a little. Look for the black deposits on the valve.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)