View Single Post

Very hard to see any carbon build up on the valve.
Without wanting to labour the point, if you had done leak test before pulling down , you would know if these bits were leaking, and where to concentrate on. Suggest you still do leak test after back together. I went thru this process, and still ended up with a significant leak at the spacer - take note of what I mentioned before about orientation of gasket on topside of spacer.
If you have C on backside of inlets, could be valve guides getting bit worn.
Yes, it seems guys spray brake cleaner in the injectors to test. Seems to work. You stick the little tube neatly into injector. Or you can test at reassembly - when fuel head back in, hooked up. Before you put intercooler etc back on and have plenty of room to work. Unscrew injectors , hook into fuel lines and depress airplate with key on and watch spray patterns (catch surplus fuel in jars). The latter would be my preference - you are testing under same conds as they would work in - viscosities, pressures etc. But if new should be no issues.
Alan
Old 11-25-2008, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)