View Single Post

Seems reasonable so far. I bid for awhile but would need to see, touch & smell ( plane ticket ) to go anywhere near what I suspect he is thinking of. I requested all documents like photocopy of service manual all supporting doc's original owners name and any service records.So far no paperwork. He changed the wheels and tires with new repo wheels to save the originals and to be able to drive over 30MPH. I had a original late ser#1979 Ca car recently w/ 14000 mi & service rec from new by Resnick and it had the 85mph speedo. A retired Porsche dealer has a red ( one of the last 50 made with the plaque ) with under 100 mi ( back and forth off the service hoist to keep it perfect as possible with non use ) and I personally have had people trying to buy for over $65K starting as many as 12 years ago, recently offers are more but he won't commit to a sale. I suspect this will be a no sale on ebay as if it is real it could go for quite a sum for those "right " buyers that have been trying to get the red one. According to the pictures ( he said those were taken 2 years ago see photo of speedo w 14XX miles) but claims it has since been fully serviced with anything it needed. Would be nice to see the service invoice and to talk to the tech.

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-26-2008 at 12:55 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)