View Single Post
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darling930 View Post
It will not run either by depressing the throttle or by pushing down slightly on the air metering plate. If I am correct adding throttle would briefly increase air flow and compensate for a rich condition (before the air metering plate has a chance to catch up) and pushing down on the metering plate (without touching the throttle) should compensate for a lean condition.
Adding throttle increases both air and fuel. Give it enough throttle, enough fuel will flow to overcome a huge leak (I know this as this is how I "discovered" the 3/4" ID AAR hose was disconnected.) And yes, moving metering plate will add fuel, no air.
When it starts to quit, adding throttle does nothing? Can you hear or verify that both pumps are running? If you hold the ignition key in the start position after it starts, does the engine still die in 1-second?
Do you have mechanical fuel pressure gage in the fuel head/WUR loop or just the pressure as reported by the Unwired software? Are you sure you are reading control pressure, not "target" pressure?
Try unplugging fuel pump cutoff switch connection, top/back of CIS body?
Old 11-29-2008, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)