View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucittm View Post
Two people have recommended SC/ 964 cams. Please correct me if I'm wrong but the upgrade to either SC or 964 cams would only apply to a 930, not a 965 like spjuvern has.
The 965 engine, which is the carried-over 930 engine with small enhancements, would accept SC cams but the right hand cam would need the drive nose for the power steering sprocket.

The debate about which cam profile's superiority goes on without end on the board here and also on Rennlist. I find it interesting that the factory chose the 964 cam for the 1993 Turbo S lightweight that I mentioned earlier.

My opinion is that since the 7/1 static compression ratio makes for sluggish off-boost performance, I'd go the 964 route to make on-boost performance all the more fun. Having said that, my car pulls to the redline nicely with stock cams and turbo so how much better would 964 cams really be?
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)