View Single Post
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
356-930
What do you think about the individual per cylinder injection systems? I did one on a Subaru with a Perin performance system (has its own splitter and 4 nozzles).
Early Corvette fuel injection systems were mass flow devices. Next came individual port and now, direct injection is the ticket. While I'm truly not qualified to answer your question, I don't believe individual cylinder cooling of charge air would be of significant added benefit. Snow's water/meth injector nozzle (probably 225ml/min for your 400HP engine) is placed in the airstream before the throttle body is fed with fluid at 150-PSI. Fluid exits the nozzle fully vaporized and should get thoroughly mixed in the pressurized airstream.
This said, I wouldn't hesitate to ask a tech at Snow their opinion and if they agree with my seat of pants assessment, what is their basis of their opinion. And, I'd call Perin, ask them the same question. Must be a reason Perin went with individual v mass injection.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)