View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
One thing missing here on PP is a better representation of the 965/C2Ts. Below the intercooler they're the same engine as the 930, so I find myself here for the engine stuff and on the 964 forum for chassis stuff.
I dropped my motor back in July to put in some 964 cams... and things spiraled out of control from there. I had planned an eventual, modest EFI (if I can say "modest"), but when I dropped the motor and saw all the oil leaks I said "ah hellwiddit" and just kept disassembling.

Some thoughts:
Our exhaust valve guides are a weak point. My engine showed no wear anywhere after 89k, EXCEPT the exh guides were shot... which necessitated a full head rebuild. Whileyerinthereitis took over and now I'm putting my engine back together with 38mm intakes, twin-plug, port/polish, 964 cams, and 8:1 pistons to counter the static CR loss by the longer-duration cams. I will actually be using a lower boost (until EFI) because I know CIS won't support the above mods.

On the subject of intake port sizes, allegedly the 3.6T has 38mm intakes. Some say the Andial S2 and/or '93 3.3 Turbo S have 38s. But I haven't found any different part numbers for matching injector stacks to corroborate this. Does anyone have any info on that?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)