View Single Post
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

That's the way it came.

I'd like to say I had the talent and money to go with individual injectors, but I have neither. The timimg will stay the same but like a bigger I/C, ths will help with temps and prevent detonation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
A930ROCKET- Did you break the rear tab off of your Kokeln or is that another I/C- I broke the same mounting location off of my Kokeln and I repaired it.

As for meth injection- If you could guarantee even distribution, Meth injection not only cools everything it contacts, it raises the spark point of whatever fuel you are running, and it cleans everything it comes in contact with. Methanol injection is the $hit to have- there doesn't need to be any testing to prove that it is great, just look at the STI and Evolution guys who make race-gas numbers on pump-gas with meth-injection.
However there are draw-backs: Refilling, added complexity, oil contamination, and uneven distribution depending on situation. If I go to do one of these setups in my car, I am going to run individual jets per cylinder to make everything consistent. Once I have made sure that everything is even, then I would concentrate on tuning every last horse out of the car through ignition timing and maybe pulling a little fuel out here and there. I know it sounds like over-kill, but think about nitrous guys- they run direct port shots (which is THE safest way to run spray) to guarantee equal spray per cylinder. Call me insane, but that is my take on it.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)