View Single Post
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnln View Post
fixed with complete interior and latches? Is there anyway you can tell the total cost at the end of the project done?
Too bad you guys are all in the north. If you are down here, I would ask to come to see it.
I will take a wild stab at around $4500 to $5500. I don't know about the new tops but this one was very labor intensive. Seals are going to be around $600. The latches are going to be $350. Depending on the rear window you use and the rear window moulding $500 to a $1000. Then the side windows $300. Then there is the finish work $600 to a $1000. Head liner $200 - 300. Probably can be done for quite a bit less it you don't want it removable and use the bolts to attach the windows. There is a reason there are not alot of these around. That is about 1/3 the cost of the car. If you are like me though and just think its cool then go for it. Actually I wanted the weight saving by having no top at all during runs. Before finding this I was looking at making a removable canvas only cover and eliminating the standard top. The above is a guess using $2400 to $2500 as the base cost of the top. I have no idea what they sell for some adjustments may need to me made.
Cabriolet Racing And Performance C.R.A.P. Gruppe #1
Put on some C.R.A.P. and drive....
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)