View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Sorry for the digression.

To directly answer the question, yes of course there is more room to work if you take the bumper off and it is not difficult at all.
It is also good to note that it is not mandatory to remove the bumber when changing out a stock muffler.
It is also good to note that with my muffler you don't have to remove anything, not even the valance.
Just so that we're clear, I'm not arguing or fighting with your methods just for the sake of it. As I've already said, I don't remove my bumper either...but mine is no longer stock. And thinking back to the first time I ever did this job, you are correct, I had enough room (kinda sorta) to work on it with everything in place, but the nuts were old, badly galled, and rounded. A couple of them would not budge. When I got the rear bumper off, it was like an epiphany...the parting of the Red Sea! The improved access made child's play of it. The rear bumper was off in less than 15 minutes and it saved me tons of more heartache and having to work on my back in tight confines.

And it is so true about Rarly's exhaust...that thing is so nice to work with. It weighs nothing, and the dimensions are perfect.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 12-12-2008 at 08:40 AM..
Old 12-12-2008, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)