View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Hey Mark, at some point we should exchange phone numbers or at least email since you're a month or so ahead of me. It would be comforting to know I can ping someone when I hit that inevitable "WTF?"
I'm loctite'ing the studs anyway... even though my plan says they'll be coming OUT in 4-8wks. Ha. What did John Lennon say about "making plans"?
Re: paper gaskets? Yeah, came in the kit. I'm not obsessing too much over the perfection of stuff I can REACH! If these are leaking when I adjust the valves in a month then I'll put on different kinds. I'm still lying awake mulling over "Did I get the case torqued before the Threebond cured? , "Did I really, really torque all the ARP rod bolts?" and get this... , I'm such an obsessive that I had initially assembled with the dreaded pahria BLUE o-rings... and then ordered the "panaceic Green Vitons" of much-heralded superiority, then carefully disassembled each case through-bolt one at a time and replaced them. Basderds better not leak.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)