Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Garage
Hey guys I've been wondering about trying to start a registry of sorts for the slant nose cars. All of them not just the factory M505 version sold in the US directly by Porsche. So maybe this thread is a good place to judge interest.

Since I got my '88 last year I have tried casually to find out as much info as I could on these cars. While the story on the '87 to '89 M505 cars is relatively complete there are still some holes in it from the little I know and when you dig back earlier and also factor in all the versions not built by Porsche things gets muddy pretty quickly.

So I was thinking that a registry might be a good way to identify fellow owners in order that we could pool out combined knowledge and experience and share our interest and questions. It might also help sort the facts from the myths associated with these special cars.

I'm heavily involved with the PCA in my region and even contacted National to see if we could set up a registry thru them. The response I got back was less than positive. There concern was that they would prefer to strengthen the 930 registry rather than branching out. However, if we could show enough interest they might reconsider or at a minimum perhaps I could work to set up something independant from them. So if any of you are up for it and have any comments or suggestions please drop me an Email at: flachbau930@cfl.rr.com and I'll see what we can do.

Thanks!
'73 911T Coupe (current)
'88 930S M505 (current)
Old 12-16-2008, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)