Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoker View Post
This is what I've heard for the early slantnose cars where many think their front slant fenders are stamped when in fact they are cut and welded from the factory, just like the rear flares. Why would Porsche stamp the front fenders in those years and then weld the rears?
I have a pre factory 505 option car that was done by AJ racing . I have checked it carefully and it is a stamped fender, without vents no less!!. However, I still find it improbable that from the first one on they were all stamped. Especially in light of, that Kremer took on the 935 race car, post Moby Dick, slant nose bodies with Kevlar material bodywork compliments of D P Motorsports. Porsche began the special wishes program many years after Moby Dicks were last built. I would think they welded up some fenders, from patterns, until the demand became apparent for slant nose front fenders both for factory special wishes cars and for their authorized dealer conversions parts needs became established before they tooled up to stamp them. After all they did this ( they welded up many thousands of rear 1/4s) before tooling up to stamp one peice in 1985. However logic, like beauty does not always follow function. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-18-2008 at 03:08 PM..
Old 12-18-2008, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)