Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I have a pre factory 505 option car that was done by AJ racing . I have checked it carefully and it is a stamped fender, without vents no less!!. However, I still find it improbable that from the first one on they were all stamped. Especially in light of, that Kremer took on the 935 race car, post Moby Dick, slant nose bodies with Kevlar material bodywork compliments of D P Motorsports. Porsche began the special wishes program many years after Moby Dicks were last built. I would think they welded up some fenders, from patterns, until the demand became apparent for slant nose front fenders both for factory special wishes cars and for their authorized dealer conversions parts needs became established before they tooled up to stamp them. After all they did this ( they welded up many thousands of rear 1/4s) before tooling up to stamp one peice in 1985. However logic, like beauty does not always follow function. Just my 2 cents
No, they are not all stamped. People just assume this and go with it. An actual visual inspection of a FACTORY slantnose at a body shop here in Palm Beach verified near perfect TIG welds around the bare fenders and bucket area - hardly noticeable and almost invisible. You wouldn't notice them on a painted car at all. This car was authentic, had all the paper work, had the single motor, etc. It was an early car getting a new paint job. It was a factory slant car, ordered as it was, and lived in the kingdom of money, Palm Beach, Florida.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)