View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrfan View Post
The compressor impellers are different from the 7200 and look very much like those in my old 7006...
there are 8 different compressor wheels that appear on the 17 different compressor housings on these k27s, and only 3 different turbine wheels (15 some-odd t3 flanged turbine housings), two of which are nearly the same in size, the third is rather small.

the best way to answer this question is to simply take the turbine housing and the compressor housings off and measure the major and minor diameters of the two wheels.
otherwise if you could just take the turbo and write down a list of ALL of the numbers/designations that appear on both housings, as well as on the label on the compressor backing plate.

i'll check back later, if you post these numbers i'll look them up in my handy little k27 book and see if i can identify the combination for you.

just so you know though, the whole [edit] 7004 vs 7006 vs 7200 thing is nothing more than a ballpark, since these three designations appeared on k27s in porsches, there are a whole lot more than 3 different k27s that appeared on other vehicles [/edit] with at least 8 compressor wheels and 3 turbine wheels, not to mention various trim housings, you could see a variety of different flow numbers/efficiencies/spool characteristics depending on the combo.

Last edited by kildea; 12-21-2008 at 02:46 PM..
Old 12-21-2008, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)